University Of Saint Joseph Mbarara | USJ is a leading centre for contemporary community responsive university education. On 8 June 2008, the Archbishop of Mbarara, His Grace Paul K. Bakyenga, appointed a Planning and Working Committee (PWC) with 4 Sub-committees to start a Catholic University in Mbarara Archdiocese. The name “University of Saint Joseph Mbarara” (USJ) was unanimously recommended by the Planning and Working Committee.
Objectives: In accordance with human and Christian values, the objectives of University Of Saint Joseph Mbarara are:-
- To provide accessible, affordable and practical university education to diverse, eligible candidates.
- To promote and nurture general university studies with demand-oriented specializations.
- To promote the pursuit of relevant basic and applied research, aiming at producing graduates for sustainable and societal development.
- To promote proper use and management of the environment.
- To educate persons of integrity concerned about promoting the common good.
- To promote and use cultural values in university education.
- To enhance the various services rendered by the Archdiocese of Mbarara.
- To promote the pastoral mission of the Archdiocese of Mbarara.
Motto: Foster excellence and integrity.
Mission: University Of Saint Joseph Mbarara mission is to provide accessible university holistic knowledge, relevant skills and innovative technology for integral, sustainable development.
Vision: A leading centre for contemporary community responsive university education.
University Of Saint Joseph Mbarara | USJ, P. O. Box 218, Mbarara, Uganda.REVIEW HERE