Universal Institute of Graphics and Technology (UIGT) started as MPK Computer Institute in 2001,The Institute is registering with National Council of High Education, Full member of Uganda Association of Private Vocational Institute (UGAPRIV).
Over Three hundred (300) grandaunts products of UIGT are now employees in prominent companies such as Graphic systems – Luzira, The New Vision Publication, The Monitor Publications LTD, Red pepper publication, Graphics Solutions LTD, Airtel, MTN etc and the majority self employed.
Universal Institute of Graphics and Technology (UIGT) being the only one of its kind in Uganda that acquires jobs for excelling students, furthermore with the best hands on training skills a student obtains, and with minimal capital she/he is equipped with knowledge for self employment.
The Institute’s primary mission is to foster interdisciplinary work of the highest quality, transcending many of the limitations inherent in traditional university organizations and structures.
The Institute was founded on the pillar; that reducing the barriers and digital divide between traditional scientific and technological disciplines
To be a leading higher learning Institution providing hands on training in Graphics Design, Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Vocational Skills to Ugandans and foreign nationals through the promotion of self employment and self sustainability.
To provide hands on training in Graphics Design, Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Vocational Skills appropriate to economic, social, cultural and enviromental development.
1. To empower Ugandans and non Ugandans with ICT knowledge, Graphics and Vocational skills.
2. To create self sustaining employment opportunities through the knowledge and skills acquired and hence reduce on the alarming increasing rate of unemployment in Uganda.
3. To enable the less privileged to access partially free education which in turn develops the economic poor population of Uganda.
4. To guide students to understand, accepting themselves, their individual needs and talents in order to develop their potential and productive life and service.
5. To provide students and professionals a balanced education program that helps them to develop their skill s and talents which in turn helps them to broaden their perception so as to develop a holistic approach to life.
6. To play an effective role in the development and expansion of tertiary education in Uganda and Africa as a whole.
METHOD OF TRAINING:
The hands on training skill is applied which has not only benefited the youth but also the old age group. Each student is effectively attended to by a tutor, individually hence a one on one training. At Uganda institute of Graphics and Technology we emphasize hands on training.
The Institute is soon expanding to other parts of East Africa like Kenya and Tanzania due to the increasing demand of our unique computer training services.
Certification. The institute is registered and approved by National Council of higher Education (UGANDA) under the ministry of Education.
SCHEDULE OF TRAINING
Training is carried out from 8:00am-10:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
With Two to four hours of Training.