The Hungry Caterpillar kindergarten was established to help the children learn through natural development as we also encourage them to learn through a variety of planned and purposeful activities.
Parents can also find a solution to their demanding schedule when they can entrust the little ones with our experienced and trustworthy teachers.
Our programs at The Hungry Caterpillars’ are well arranged and are orderly to suit the different age groups. There is a lot of child involvement with hands on experiences to enable the child learn practically. Various activities are carried out to develop all aspects of the child’s growth. Theses include;
- Language & Literacy: Here we teach them drawing, coloring and art & crafts.
- Speaking & Listening: This is basically were every child’s speaking and listening capabilities are developed through music and picture interpretation.
- Maths & Numeracy: We include Jigsaws, Puzzles and values
- Knowledge and Understanding of the world: An awareness of the world around with hands on experience.
- Personal and Social Development: These activities help the child bring out the best talent in a child: Music, dance, drama, drawing and painting, art and craft. All teaching is activity based and in English.
- Swimming pool: specially designed for the children to splash in under the watchful eye of a trained adult.
- Classrooms: At The Hungry Caterpillar, we have pretty colorful curtains and child friendly furniture. Each of the classrooms has a home corner, construction corner and a reading area.
- Library: which is located within the rear of the building in a calm and quiet atmosphere to help the children develop the reading skills.
- Audiovisual room: where the children watch programs to suit the age group.
- Computers: working on programmes designed to serve as reinforcement of all that is learnt in the class.
- Beautiful Sight: welcomes all in morning glory when parents drop off their children amidst song, dance, can join in or watch as their child settles down.
- Sports facility: for the children to develop their gross motor skills in the sports field. A spacious shady sandpit is also available for the children to freak out
- Attractive Garden: with their little garden patch for each child to grow their first flowers and vegetables.