Uganda Institute of Information & Communications Technology (UICT) provides consistent, high-quality and appropriate academic programs; advising, monitoring, mentoring, nurturing and coaching to ensure your academic and personal success.
Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT), located at Plot 9-21 Port Bell Road, Nakawa, Kampala, Uganda, was established in 1965 as the East African Posts and Telecommunications Training Centre. The Institute offers training in all fields related to the communications sector; including Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology; and Business and Management studies.
To be a leading centre of excellence supporting ICT-enabled human development in Uganda and beyond.
To provide high quality market-driven and sustainable training, research and consultancy services that support the ICT sector.
The core values of UICT are:
• Student and customer oriented
• Integrity, transparency and accountability
• Teamwork and commitment
• Equal opportunity
• Environmental sensitivity
The Institute offers full time courses on either day or Evening program. Certificate programs take one year while Diploma programs take two years. All our programs are accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and recognized by all Universities in Uganda.
1. Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering (TE)
2. Diploma in Computer Technology (CT)
3. Diploma in Information Technology for Science (ITS)
4. Diploma in Information Technology for Business (ITB)
1. Certificate in Information and Communication Technology
1. Diploma in Business Administration
2. Diploma in Human Resource Management
3. Diploma in Project Planning and Management
4. Diploma in Records & Archives Management
5. Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
6. Diploma in Accounting and Finance
1. Certificate in Business and Management Studies
2. Certificate in Library and Information Science