Mbarara High School | MHS is a ‘boys only’ government owned boarding “O and A” level school located in the suburb of Kamukuzi, Ruharo parish, Mbarara Municipal Council County, approximately 2 kilometers (1.2 mi), along the Mbarara-Ishaka Road, west of the central business district of Mbarara town, in Mbarara District, in the western Uganda, approximately 300 kilometers (190 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala.
Mbarara High School | MHS campus is located in the suburb of Ruharo, approximately 2 kilometres (1.2 mi), along the Mbarara-Ishaka Road, west of the central business district of Mbarara.
Mbarara High School – MHS is among the most prestigious schools in Uganda, owing to its excellent performance and the oldest secondary school in Western Uganda.
Mbarara High School – MHS was established in 1911 by Anglican, Christian missionaries affiliated with the Church of England. Mbarara High School | MHS is the oldest secondary school in Western Uganda.
It has both ordinary level and advanced level classes. The land on which the school was built is owned by East Ankole Diocese, of the Church of Uganda. While the church has ownership and control of the school, the Uganda Government, through the Ministry of Education, contributes to the school’s budget. The Kumanyana protest movement of the 1940s, which demanded equality for the Bairu people of Ankole with the Hima, had its roots at the school.REVIEW HERE