Kalinabiri Secondary School was started by the government in 1984 with the intention of spreading equitable and accessible education country wide.The school stared within Kalinabiri Primary School and was confined in one classroom.
The School Motto is “Determined To Excel With Trust In God”
The school started with Eleven Pioneer students and lessons were conducted under trees, the weather not withstanding. Currently the students population is between 800- 1000 students both Ordinary and Advanced level.(S.1- S.6).The School land by Gods grace was donated in 1985 by the late Ernest Kayanja. The area of 2.93 acres of land.
In the same year, Earnest Kayanja donated more 0.89 acres. This is the land that makes the school campus in addition to the 0.59 acres bought by the school.
The parents and community contribution has been very vital. Parents have committed their children to the school with one heart and have supported them to bear all sorts of hardships of education as they continue to develop the school
Kalinabiri S.S remains a mixed Government Aided day school. Parents pay fees for their children to be in the boarding section. The fees are low and affordable but not paid promptly by some parents.
Some students are supported by Non-governmental organizations such as Center for the Girl Child, Compassion International, Agape etc.REVIEW HERE