Cambridge Secondary School was initially founded by Mrs Kevin Kalule up on her retirement as a shelter where young children escaping from poverty, war, AIDS Orphan hood and child labour could find refugee and counseling; however up on realizing that many of these children really had nowhere left to go; she came to a realization that the shelter needed to be turned into a school so these children could earn an education while at the center. The Institution is 22 kilometers off Masaka Road which is only 30 minutes drive from the main city, Ugandas Capital -Kampala. The School is located at Kyengera-Wakimese Zone, and is only a 5 Minutes drive from the main road.
Cambridge Secondary School is now a self-supporting not for profit institution that provides quality high school education in a country where there is no free education to up 400 students between the ages of 14-20 and also provide valuable life lessons in personal responsibility, mental healthcare counseling to former child soldiers from the northern part of the country and rescues from the child labour trade.
Mission, Vision and Goal
Mission: To be a center for Discipline and Academic excellence
Vision: At Cambridge, we envision a society of educated men and women who can change their lives and contribute to economic development of their country while fostering social change.
Goal: To provide affordable Education services that produce job makers other than job seekers.
- Alignment and accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions. We make and support business decisions through experience and good judgment.
- Customer Service Excellence: We are dedicated to satisfying students, parents needs and honoring commitments that we have made to them
- Teamwork: Our team is supportive of each others efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally.
- Balance: We are flexible, helping team members strike a healthy work and life balance
- Community and environment: we strive to help and improve the communities where we work and live. We are concerned about the environment and promote the use of recyclable products and renewable energy within Cambridge Secondary School and its neighborhood.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- Passion for results: We show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that we do.
- Respect: We treat our team members, students, partners and parents with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity.
Registered by The Uganda National Examinations Board # U2416, CSS offers Education as its primary service with examinations monitored by UNEB. We have both Ordinary Level and Advanced Level Classes right from Senior One to Senior Six.
Student’s who sit for Senior Four (O-Level) and Senior Six (A-Level) UNEB Examinations every academic year and pass receive a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) and Uganda Advance Certificate of Education (UACE) respectively from UNEB Our Exams are set and strictly monitored under UNEB regulations.
Cambridge Secondary School, Kyengera P.O. Box 5335, Kampala, Uganda 22KMs Masaka Road, Wakiso DistrictREVIEW HERE